Wild Ones: Native Plants, Natural Landscapes is a national nonprofit organization that informs and teaches people how to use native plants in their landscapes.
Big River Big Woods is a chapter of Wild Ones. Our membership primarily comes from St. Paul and surrounding communities in Minnesota.
Wild Ones distinguishes itself from other garden organizations by encouraging gardening with native plants and moving away from the use of chemicals, watering, excessive mowing and other practices commonly used by traditional gardeners.
What we do
Our chapter holds free monthly meetings during winter, spring, and autumn, and free garden tours in the warmer months.
We sponsor three volunteer service projects.
Board of directors
- President — Eva Ekola
- Vice-President — Eric Vehe
- Secretary and Membership Chair — Liz Wendland
- Treasurer — Steve Fester
- Webmaster — Joe Crowe
- Service Projects Chair — Erica Tenbroke
- Plant Sale Chair — Cynthia Vehe
Connect with us
- Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter.
- Follow our Facebook page for updates on our events, plus news about plants and pollinators.
Wild Ones membership is only $40 per year and is 100% tax deductible. Join us!